Each anniversary you share with your loved one is the chance to make your sweetheart feel special, reminisce about the magical moments that have shaped your relationship, as well as a great occasion to try something new. Whether you can measure your marriage in decades or this is your first wedding anniversary, we believe that giving the gift of memories should be at the heart of celebrating your wonderful years together.
We have therefore collated a few suggestions of the best anniversary gifts, perfect for re-living that special day, while creating more happiness than by giving a material present. These unique gift experiences are guaranteed to paint a dazzling smile on your partner’s face and make sure your anniversary is unforgettable.
A cottage built for two
What could be more romantic than whisking your other half away to spend the whole weekend enjoying each other’s company? Imagine soaking in the luxurious comfort of a bubbling hot tub, glass of champagne in hand or relaxing in front of the crackling flames of an open fire snuggled under a blanket together. Many of our cottages for two have indulgent touches that will make your romantic getaway extra special. From deep roll-top baths to four poster beds with sumptuously soft sheets to sink into and breath-taking scenery, our cosy cottages are sure to make your loved one go weak at the knees!
Make your romantic holiday even more memorable by booking it as a surprise. Pop a hand-written invitation to your darling in their anniversary card - the effort and thought that you have put into planning an anniversary weekend away is sure to not go unnoticed, and a great holiday will be enjoyed by both of you. Whether you are looking for a quintessential chocolate-box cottage in the Cotswolds, a chic waterfront apartment in Cornwall or a paradisiacal couples’ retreat in the Peak District, all of our cottages are the perfect size for just the two of you.
Why not find some inspiration with these romantic destinations?
Whilst it might be tempting to spend a night in a fancy restaurant having your meal cooked for you, why not try something different and make memories as you learn to prepare and cook some gastronomic delights on a cookery course? Couples can enjoy getting hands on, creating delicious dishes that they can devour together and then recreate time and time again at home. There is a plethora of cookery schools across the UK covering regional cuisine, international dishes, game cookery, seafood and more.
Share an adventure
An anniversary is the perfect occasion to try something new as a couple and partake in an adventure that you can share stories about with your family in years to come. Here are a few anniversary gift ideas for the more adventurous couple:
- Hire a classic car, feel the breeze through your hair and head for the hills of the Peak District (if you’re feeling really adventurous, leave the map at home and discover your own route).
- Indulge in a romantic rail journey through the splendour of the Snowdonia National Park. There are several traditional steam trains that chug through leafy valleys, past sparkling lakes and dramatic hillsides; simply sit back, sip a glass of champagne and admire the views.
- Don your wetsuits and have some fun in the sea as you help each other catch a wave in the surf at Croyde or Woolacombe in North Devon.
- Hop aboard the Fowey Picnic Boat in Cornwall and enjoy a romantic picnic as you cruise along the picturesque River Fowey in a delightful 1930’s motor launch. If you’re really lucky you might even spot a dolphin or two!
- Saddle up and feel at one with nature as you explore the endless supply of wild lakes and fells by horseback in the magnificent Lake District, renowned as one of the most romantic destinations in the UK.
- See the Scottish Highlands like never before on a snowy sled dog tour. Race through enchanting landscapes covered in a blanket of snow and feel the bracing wind on your cheeks.
- Enjoy a glorious day fossil hunting in Dorset, home to the stunning Jurassic coastline which is laced with ammonites and petrified leaves and plants. Your intriguing finds make the perfect mementos to take home as a reminder of your day.
If you want to show your lady how much you care, why not treat her to a relaxing pamper day? Team it with a romantic break for two and you’ll be well on the way to making it the perfect anniversary. This wonderful anniversary gift for her is sure to be a hit and there are various companies across the UK that offer luxurious packages, some can even provide treatments in the home if you don’t want to leave the cosiness of your romantic retreat.
A romantic walk
Make the most of the Great British landscape, pack a picnic hamper, throw in a bottle of bubbly and head out for a ramble with your loved one. A romantic walk is the perfect opportunity to share a day giving each other your undivided attention, and best of all this anniversary gift idea is free!
There are boundless opportunities for scenic walks from strolling along the coastal paths and rugged cliffs in Cornwall, following a magical waterfall trail in Wales, ambling across the craggy peaks of the Peak District, wandering over the rolling hills of the Cotswolds, and through the captivating woodland of the New Forest. Whichever path you choose, the fresh air is guaranteed to blow away the cobwebs and leave you feeling invigorated and refreshed.
For some really magical memories head into the night and experience a walk hand in hand under the twinkling stars in one of the UK’s dark sky reserves. Marvel at the abundance of jewels in the spectacularly clear skies, see the spellbinding Milky Way and with a bit of luck glimpse a shooting star. When your feet begin to tire head back to one of our romantic cottages and snuggle up in front of the log fire with a warming mug of cocoa.
A tasting experience
It has often been said that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, so why not choose an anniversary gift for him that is a little different and one that he is sure to remember? Satisfy his inner connoisseur and treat him to a tasting session of his favourite tipple. From whisky distilleries in Scotland to micro-breweries in the Cotswolds and English vineyards in Kent and Sussex, there is a plethora of choice across the length and breadth of the country. Best of all, you can enjoy this unique anniversary experience together.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.